Healthy Coffee Smoothie
Let’s face it: caffeinated mornings are better than non-caffeinated mornings.
Let’s discuss how this coffee smoothie came to be:
- Coffee is great for boosting your energy levels in the morning, but plain coffee can be boring.
- We all know that stopping for a sugar-filled coffee drink on your way to work is not a good idea.
- Skipping breakfast is also not a good idea.
- Plain coffee is not breakfast.
- Iced coffee is life.
Enter this banana coffee smoothie as a great breakfast option. It’s like coffee, but even better.
BONUS: The smoothie is ready in 5 minutes and is as healthy as it can be.
For now, let’s just enjoy that awesome news. Because breakfast and coffee ready in 5 minutes is golden.
The Coffee Smoothie Ingredients You'll Need
Here’s what you need:
- Milk of choice – in this coffee smoothie, we use unsweetened almond milk, but any unsweetened milk will work
- Banana – half a banana will do the trick, the riper the better for sweetness, and keep it frozen for the best texture
- Nut Butter – peanut butter, cashew butter or almond butter both work great
- Vanilla – vanilla extract goes great with coffee and makes it taste sweeter, too
- Coffee! We use Instant Genius Nootropic Coffee for added brain fuel!
- Ice – Only needed if you don’t use a frozen banana or you want it s little thicker
Then, once you have all the ingredients gathered, add them to a high speed blender, and blend until smooth. That’s it — and your perfect morning coffee smoothie is ready to enjoy.
If the smoothie is too thick, you can add either more coffee or milk to loosen. If your smoothie is too thin, just add in a few ice cubes, and re-blend. Using a frozen banana wil help keep your smoothie creamy and thick, so it’s always good to have those ready to grab from the freezer.